Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A normal Tuesday...

After taking pictures of my daily life, I realized how boring it is. We'll see how this goes before I decide to do another one!

Dougie let me sleep in a bit this morning, he didn't get me up until 7:14. I rolled out of bed and put on my glasses. I slept pretty good last night, so I wasn't dragging, I was just getting ready to get my big belly and my big butt out of bed. Dougie takes a while to wake up, so we watched "Curios George" on TV (well he watched, I talked to Liz!)

After a bit of TV, Dougie was ready for breakfast. In this shot, you can clearly see that he has a BIG breakfast. Applesauce, oatmeal and yogurt...always lined up the way you see it here. What can I say? The boy likes routine.

After breakfast, Daddy called us on the phone.

After about another 15 minutes watching TV, I decided it was time to get dressed and take a shower. While I'm in the shower, Dougie hangs out in my room. Lately, he's been wanting a snack, even though he just had breakfast. So, before I took my shower, I washed and cut some grapes and Dougie played with magnets on the fridge.

I have to go to school this morning to drop off my letter to my students, so after my shower, We got on our shoes, got into "Mommy's urple car" (isn't toddler talk fun?) and headed to school.

Dougie loves to go to “Mommy’s school” because he can color on my white board.

After I finished what I needed to do at school, Dougie and I headed to Dunkin’ Donuts for a drink and some munchkins. I also picked up a couple chocolate glazed crullers (they call them “sticks”) for Nik and Jamie.

After a crying fit in the car because Jamie was asleep when we tried to drop off his donut, we went home and played for a bit in the house. Then it was time for lunch.

After lunch we went up stairs and picked out a couple books to read before Dougie’s nap. He still naps about 2-3 hours a day…I LOVE IT. I hope he naps forever!

I’ve made some goals for myself about using his nap time wisely. It’s a couple hours that I can either spend picking up, planning, cleaning or watching TV. Today I decided I should start planning for next year. I’m going to have a sub for most of the year, so the more planning I do now, the better! I worked on my Poetry Unit during his nap today. Each month I have the kids write a poem and at the end of the year they publish a little book. They’ll have 10 poems by the end of the year and I NEED my sub to do this for me, the kids read them at a event we have called “Artists and Authors Night”. Without these poems, I wouldn’t have anything for them to do!

Nik came home from work early because he wasn’t feeling well, so at 2:30 even though Dougie wasn’t up from his nap yet, I got Fenway in the car and took him to the groomers (which was LONG overdue).

When I got home at 3:15 both of them were still sleeping, so I continued to work on my lesson planning (which also consisted of me talking to Liz on AIM some more and one of my former students who is going to Ireland on Sunday.)

Dougie woke up at about 3:45 from his nap. We played a little bit more and also watched a few parts of the movie “The Incredibles”. We went upstairs and tried to wake Daddy up by playing on the bed and running around the room and we decided we were all hungry for dinner. I didn’t feel like cooking, so South Berwick House of Pizza it was! While Daddy went to pick up the food, Dougie and I cleaned up the living room.

Then it was time for a little bit of a temper tantrum. (We almost made it through the day without one!

And then dinner…

We got the call the Fenway was all done and all three of us piled in the car to pick him. Doesn’t he look cute?

Then it was time for bed for Dougie…more books and then bed!

On Tuesday’s during the school year, Nik plays poker with his Dad. My friend Tiffany and I started having girls night while he played and have continued through the summer. Tiffany came over and we talked for a bit. Then she decided she wanted ice-cream…so off we went. I got sorbet, since ice-cream gives me major heartburn and we laughed and added friends to her myspace.

Nik joined us and we watched a bit of the all-star game too. Tiffany went home at about 10 and Nik and I headed up to bed. Apparently the all-star game went to extra innings, but I was asleep by then!

Are you entertained?


Liz said...

VERY entertained. I dig the picture of Dougie waving to you from the back of the car!

Pam said...

Now that I know what this kind of entry entails, I'll do it again...just for you!
I think YOU should do one! :-)